According to topschoolsintheusa, Golden City, Missouri is a small town located in the Southwest corner of Missouri. It has a population of about 2,500 people and is situated on the banks of the White River. The geography of Golden City is mostly flat with some rolling hills and wooded areas. The climate is mild and temperate, with hot summers and mild winters.
The history of Golden City dates back to the early 1800s when it was founded as a trading post for settlers traveling westward. It has since grown into a thriving small town with its own unique culture and identity. Politically, Golden City leans heavily towards conservative values, though there are pockets of liberalism throughout the city.
The economy in Golden City is largely agricultural, with many local farms in operation that produce corn, soybeans, wheat, pumpkins, and other crops. There are also several small businesses in town that provide goods and services for the local community.
Education in Golden City is provided by two public schools: Golden City High School and Middle School. Both schools offer a variety of programs ranging from academic classes to extra-curricular activities like band and sports teams.
As far as landmarks go, there are several historical sites located throughout the city including Old Town Square Park which features an old-fashioned gazebo surrounded by gardens filled with colorful flowers; The White River Bridge which spans across the river; and The Old Jailhouse which was built in 1876 and now serves as a museum showcasing artifacts from the 1800s era when settlers traveled through on their way Westward Expansion.
Population: 884. Estimated population in July 2020: 918 (+3.8% change)
Males: 436 (49.3%), Females: 448 (50.7%)
Zip code: 64748
Median resident age: 37.4 years
Median household income: $21,793
Median house value: $41,100
Races in Golden City:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.5%)
- American Indian (2.4%)
- Hispanic (2.1%)
- Two or more races (1.5%)
Ancestries: German (23.2%), United States (21.0%), Irish (14.6%), English (9.5%), Dutch (3.5%), French (3.1%).
Elevation: 1060 feet
Land area: 1.0 square miles
Golden City, Missouri is a small city located in southwest Missouri, with a population of around 11,000 people. The city is known for its affordable housing and cost of living, making it an attractive destination for families and retirees alike. The median home price in Golden City is just over $100,000 and the median rent is just over $800 per month. These costs make Golden City one of the more affordable places to live in the United States. Additionally, the city has a vibrant downtown area with plenty of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues to explore. There are also several schools in the area including two elementary schools, one middle school and one high school.
The cost of living in Golden City is quite low compared to other cities in Missouri or across the country. Groceries are relatively inexpensive and there are plenty of local farmers markets where you can purchase fresh produce at very reasonable prices. Utilities such as electricity and water are also quite affordable due to government subsidies and other programs that help keep costs down. Transportation costs are also fairly low due to the availability of public transportation options like buses and trains that run throughout the city. In addition to these low costs, there are also many job opportunities available in Golden City due to its proximity to larger cities like Springfield or St Louis which offer higher paying positions than those found within the city itself.
For population 25 years and over in Golden City
- High school or higher: 68.7%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 3.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.7%
- Unemployed: 4.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 20.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Golden City city
- Never married: 19.0%
- Now married: 53.1%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 11.8%
- Divorced: 14.2%
1.2% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +91 (+11.5%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Golden City:
- BARTON COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 15 miles; LAMAR, MO)
- MCCUNE BROOKS HOSPITAL (about 22 miles; CARTHAGE, MO)
- MISSOURI REHABILITATION CTR (about 29 miles; MOUNT VERNON, MO)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Golden City:
- JOPLIN REGIONAL (about 32 miles; JOPLIN, MO; Abbreviation: JLN)
- SPRINGFIELD-BRANSON REGIONAL (about 51 miles; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Abbreviation: SGF)
- NORTHWEST ARKANSAS RGNL (about 79 miles; FAYETTEVILLE/SPRINGDALE/, AR; Abbreviation: XNA)
Other public-use airports nearest to Golden City:
- LAMAR MUNI (about 16 miles; LAMAR, MO; Abbreviation: LLU)
- STOCKTON MUNI (about 27 miles; STOCKTON, MO; Abbreviation: MO3)
- MOUNT VERNON MUNI (about 27 miles; MOUNT VERNON, MO; Abbreviation: 2MO)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Golden City:
- MISSOURI SOUTHERN STATE COLLEGE (about 35 miles; JOPLIN, MO; Full-time enrollment: 4,569)
- PITTSBURG STATE UNIVERSITY (about 43 miles; PITTSBURG, KS; Full-time enrollment: 5,566)
- SOUTHWEST BAPTIST UNIVERSITY (about 51 miles; BOLIVAR, MO; Full-time enrollment: 2,612)
- OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 53 miles; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Full-time enrollment: 3,756)
- DRURY UNIVERSITY (about 56 miles; Springfield, MO; Full-time enrollment: 3,125)
- SOUTHWEST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY (about 61 miles; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Full-time enrollment: 14,680)
- NORTHWEST ARKANSAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 72 miles; BENTONVILLE, AR; Full-time enrollment: 2,197)
Public high school in Golden City:
- GOLDEN CITY HIGH (Students: 100; Location: 1208 WALNUT ST; Grades: 08 – 12)
Public primary/middle school in Golden City:
- GOLDEN CITY ELEM. (Students: 190; Location: 1208 WALNUT ST; Grades: KG – 07)